YARD WASTE RECYCLING
Want to see a neat trick? Try recycling your yard waste.
Recycling yard waste, like leaves and grass clippings, keeps valuable resources out of the landfill and puts them back to work creating healthy soil. We use the yard waste we collect to make Nature Wise Compost, which is then used by home gardeners, farmers, landscapers, cities, and companies. Compost is a natural plant food and soil component that absorbs excess rainwater, supports healthy plant roots, traps pollutants, and makes healthy soil.
FREE SATURDAY BRUSH DROP OFF
FOR KCMO RESIDENTS AT OUR NORTHLAND, KANSAS CITY AND SOUTH KANSAS CITY LOCATIONS ONLY.
What we take:
- Yard waste
- Tree trimmings
- Grass clippings
What we don't take:
- Landscape timbers
- Building materials
- Yard waste in plastic bags
DROP OFF PRICING:
|KCMO RESIDENT||NON-RESIDENT or CONTRACTOR|
|Leaves - bagged (may need to empty each bag)||$1.00 per bag||$1.50 per bag|
|Small truck load (even with bed)||$13.00||$17.00|
|Small truck load (even with cab)||$19.00||$25.00|
|Small truck load (over the cab)||$30.00 and up||$30.00 and up|
|Full-size truck load (even with bed)||$15.00||$20.00|
|Full-size truck load (even with cab)||$23.00||$30.00|
|Full-size truck load (over the cab)||$35.00 and up||$35.00 and up|
|All other trucks and trailers (per cubic yard)||$5.00||$6.75|
|Chip trucks (2 ton minimum)||n/a||$18.28 per ton|
|Grapple trucks (2 ton minimum)||n/a||$24.97 per ton|
- Leaves do not need to be sacked.
- Brush does not need to be bundled.
- You may bring leaves in paper yard-waste bags. You may be asked to empty bags to show that they contain no trash.
- If you seal your bags, use masking tape only. Do not use wire, duct tape or other plastic tape.
- You may be asked to empty bags to show there is no trash.
- If you bring plastic bags, please empty them and take them back with you.
- From December 26th through January 16th, Christmas trees are accepted at the Northland and Grandview drop-off sites (Monday – Friday) for $5 per tree.
- Our Northland, Kansas City and South Kansas City locations are closed seasonally mid-January through mid-March.
- Our Northland, Kansas City and South Kansas City locations are also closed on Thanksgiving and the immediate Friday after.